05 December 2012

Adventures in Knitting

I am slowly starting to teach myself to knit.  I am not above asking for help though, and I NEED help.  You'd think that someone who can crochet at an intermediate level, like I can, should be able to understand knitting. But, I'm JUST. NOT. GETTING. IT. 

Maybe someday it'll click just like crocheting did for me.  In the meantime, I have an absurd amount of Christmas presents to crochet.  Everyone is getting something different and customized, to the best of my abilities.  So, I have my work cut out for me.  I have been working on a scarf, which is a kind of ribbed pattern made by changing stitches every row (single, half double, double. repeat) seems simple, but I am having a heck of a time getting it to look right.  Double Crochet has this problem where the beginning of every row has a little hole in it.  I can't for the life of me get it to look right.  I have even done a linked stitch, and nothing works. with this specific "pattern."  

I have also been thinking of starting up a little crochet group, once I find friends that crochet.  I read about "Stitch and Bitch" groups, and I think it might be fun.  At the moment, however, I don't know of really anyone in my area that crochets.  Then again, I don't know many people in my area.

No comments:

Post a Comment