04 December 2012

The Beginning

I'm almost certain it didn't happen like an explosion, or even the cliche lightbulb moment.  But, somehow I became crazy over crochet.  I had a wonderful coworker, and she was cross stitching.  I tried that for a while, but they are just so darn EXPENSIVE! Somehow or another, I stumbled upon crocheting.  I taught myself from a book.  Not even a detailed book.  The first couple weeks were hell. I almost gave up literally 9 times.  I found a tutorial online for granny squares, and that just made crochet click for some reason.  

Now, fast forward to the future.  It has been almost 2 years and I am STILL working on this same granny square afghan.  When I started it, I had no clue what the eff I was doing. Now that I have a clue what crocheting is all about, I'm really struggling to finish.  Basically, I stitched two granny squares together, and continued around them like one big granny rectangle.  it's maybe a little smaller than twin-sized now, and my initial goal was to make it king-sized.  This is going to take a long time.  I'll keep updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment